The Go Explore with Sustrans Project has been funded through the Belfast Strategic Partnership’s Family Friendly Team and aims to promote active travel for families in Belfast, while showing how the city connects up for cycling.
Sustrans will be leading five free family-friendly bikes rides on traffic-free routes, quiet roads and the National Cycle Network (NCN) from all corners of the city to a number of arts and heritage events this spring. From tickets for Belfast Children’s Festival to passes for W5, Sustrans is inviting families to sign up for one of the five led rides and enjoy free entry to one of a list of destinations.
· Saturday 5th March : Go Explore Ride to Children’s Festival at the MAC
Commence: 11am Tullycarnet Community Centre, Comber Greenway
· Saturday 19th March: Go Explore Ride to Ulster Museum
Commence: 10am Victoria Park, East Belfast
· Thursday 24th March: Go Explore Ride to RSPB WOW centre
Commence: 10am Shaftesbury Centre, South Belfast
· Thursday 31st March: Go Explore Ride to W5
Commence: 10am Ozone Centre, Ormeau Park
· Saturday 2nd April: Go Explore Ride to Lockkeepers Cottage and Barge
· Commence: 10am The Big Fish, Lagan Lookout
Places are limited. Participants can get in touch directly with Rachael at Rachael.Ludlow-Williams@sustrans.org.uk to reserve places. For more information, go to http://www.sustrans.org.uk/events/belfast-family-fun-led-rides