Wow, what a busy March we have had!
- As we are now learning all about the farm, we enjoyed a visit from Farmer Eamonn who told us all about his job as a dairy farmer. We discussed what he has to wear on the farm, a typical day on the farm for him and all about milking cows. Thank you Farmer Eamonn for visiting our class!
- We loved using our creativity skills to make junk farm animals for our Role Play area during Morning Play.
- We went out to our Poly tunnel to plant beansprouts. We had great discussions about what plants need to grow and decided to test this information by also planting additional beansprouts, one without soil, one which we will not water, one which will not receive any heat and one which will not receive any light. We will watch excitedly to see which beansprouts grow!
- As part of our work on the Little Red Hen story, we tried a variety of different types of bread and made a pictogram to show which one was our favourite. We just loved the baguette! Afterwards we enjoyed making and eating some delicious wheaten bread! Yummy!
- Our adding skills are getting better and better and we have been enjoying using Numicon and other resources to help us with this. We have also been reinforcing our number formation with practical activities.
- As part of World Book Day we enjoyed dressing up as our favourite character or in our pyjamas. We loved telling the class about our favourite stories and participating in a book swap.